All Recipes / Meringue & Jam
Meringue & Jam
2 hrs 20 mins
Airy and dainty meringue combine with delectable bacon jam for a dessert that’s simple but elegant.
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup fine caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Pinch of salt
- Baken Bacon Jam
- Optional: Food coloring
- Preheat the oven at 105'C (220’F) Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer beat the egg whites until the egg whites are soft and foamy, gradually add the sugar and cream of tartar whilst it is whisking.
- Add the vanilla bean extract*. Keep beating until it forms stiff peaks. Transfer to a piping bag with a star or circle tip.
- Pipe onto a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 1-2 hours until dry.
- Once completely dry and cool sandwich together with the Baken Bacon Jam.