All Recipes / Mac & Cheese
Mac & Cheese
Mix our crushed bacon crisps with a medley of cheeses to elevate this classic comfort food.
- 100g macaroni
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Baken Real Bacon Crisps, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Boil the macaroni with salty water for 8-12 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk in 3 stages constantly whisking to remove any lumps. The milk should thicken like cream.
- Once the sauce coats the back of a spoon, you should be able to draw a path with your finger. Remove from the heat and add the gruyere and mozzarella, stir until melted.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the cheese sauce and Baken Real Bacon Crisps.
- Place into a baking dish and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over.
- Set the oven to grill at 220 degree Celsius, and place into the oven for 5-8 minutes until golden brown.